Wednesday, September 8, 2010

A Journey Home, Part 2

Had a great flight and didn't fidget too much.  I joked to my honey about the fact that you know you are heading to NY when you can hear Dominican's talking ;)  Yes, there I was at Heathrow and from behind me is familiar Dominican accent.  I just had to giggle.

I touched down in Newark at 9:20.  Customs was a breeze, thanks to the great work of the customs agents and only our flight coming through at the time.  My baggage was also pretty quickly collected and then it was outside to wait for a good friend of mine, who so generously offered to pick me up since she was in the area.


Being back in NY feels Surreal.  My first and main goal is to get my Visa Paperwork done.  Second, to surprise my mom who (hopefully) doesn't know I'm back yet.  But she wont know until next week.  I need to take care of errands up here and move things around and out of storage.  So I want those done so I can concentrate on just spending time with Mom and my Visa paperwork.  But it feels so weird to be back.

There are mixed emotions coming back here.  I'm happy to know I can see people, but, at the same time, it saddens me to know I'm so close to my prior life and an ex whose friendship I lost and wont ever get back.  I only hope and pray he's happy, or at least getting there.

I miss my honey.  I miss that I don't get to see the kidlets today.  I miss my two sentinels, the cats who are always around me.  Not in a sad way, but in a practical "I don't get to share time with you" way.  This is simply a trip, not a separation.

But I am comforted and happy.  Oh New York tap water...how I've missed you so!   And oh, showerhead...thou art a heavenly visage which pours thy blessings upon my countenance.  In sooth, yea verily.  This morning I had Hazelnut coffee from a Keurig coffee maker and popped in some english muffins with only minor tearing up. Heh. 

And during this week I'm staying with a good friend of mine.  When I left, I let her pick out any decorations she wanted to take so she could decorate her newly purchased condo.  She also purchased part of my old bar.  I'd forgotten about that.  And so when I came in, I was greeted by several familiar items.  I can't tell you what that meant to me.  And I was doubly happy they had a new loving home to be in.

After she showed me to the guest room, I got to meet her adorable kitties.  They were 7 months old and I felt even better.  It was as if "the parts of Mimi and Tassie will be played by Jack and Grimalkin"!  Grim looks just like a young Tassie and Jackie is black with some white spots.  But they are opposite in that Grim is the one who cuddles up to me (like she is doing right now, all snuggled right up to me on the couch) and Jack is the "I'll let you touch me when i'm ready, but I'm still playful" one.

With all these "signs", I am fine and have a very positive outlook that everything will be ok.  I will keep you all updated.

Till next time!

3 comments:

  1. Very happy to hear the trip went fine and that you are fine :) Im very happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and am absolutely thrilled that you are happy and in love...albeit so very far away in merry ole England!
    It's good to have you back in NY -even if it's only for a little bit :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEA VERILY!!! *HUGS*

    guess who :P

    ReplyDelete